Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from August, 2017

do do do do-do do do do do do

It's been a more productive week this week craft wise. I've actually managed to finish the calendar tags. Here are the last five months.


I wanted the flower here to look more like autumn leaves in colour.

I love this one. I didn't want to go too far down the Halloween route, so I added a black cat and a little girl with a pumpkin at the top.

This was the nearest I could get to daisies. I love the little butterflies on here.


The butterfly on this was actually from the May page, but March is my mum's month, and purple is her favourite colour, so I put it on here.

The last month was May. Butterflies again!
Good thing is I have plenty of extra things from the Time to Flourish papers, including some beautiful poetry that I will find a use for.
I've also made a birthday card, which will not fit in an envelope.

I started off by stamping my own background, with stamps from a magazine and my new dewdrop inks. I aged them with vintage photo distress ink, and then cut a …

Give us this day our daily bread...

I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. Creatively I am in a major slump, and as for the weekly tasks, I can't muster up the energy or the enthusiasm for them. Everything seems to be a slog, something to struggle through rather than something I am supposed to be enjoying. Struggle through I have done, and I do have things to put on here this week.






This box was from The Works. I started by adding some paper clay moulds - flowers, leaves and a label. Once that was dry I thought it was too plain, so I die cut some leaves out of cardboard for the top, and some butterflies for the sides (mainly because the leaves were really hard to cut!) Once I had attached those I coated the whole box in black gesso, then washed it in chalk paint (which has separated a bit, but it added to the effect.) I then added some burnt umber stain (sorry I have forgotten what it's called but it's that one that you put on, wipe off the excess then seal with a varnish) I left the inside …