Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from July, 2017

May it be...

I'm settling into the new job. A few niggles, the worst being I don't seem to have the creative energy I need at the moment, but I am getting there. I have managed to make a few things this week.


This is a gothic style birthday card. I sprayed some card with Lindy's sprays, then added black soot distress ink using a stencil. I glued on some fabric at the bottom with soft gel, then stamped a raven skull, colouring it with distress crayons and cutting it out. Finally I added a sentiment from Tim Holtz chit chat range.

Card number two. This is Lego inspired (obviously). I used a hole punch to make the bricks. I was going to cover the whole card till I realised how long a few took! Instead I cut out Happy Birthday in the same colours.

I decided to make a little poster for work, as it is a little dreary. I started by stamping, distressing and mounting some sentiments. I then got an A4 piece of paper, stamped and embossed the Visible Image stamp, then sprayed the background wi…

You have to stay at the table until you've finished them all.

Been a busy week this week, with the new job starting properly. I actually managed to get some crafting done, to my surprise. Not as much as I wanted, but enough for a good post. Here are this weeks makes.


I love this stamp set. I started off by inking the tag with a couple of new inks (peacock feathers and I can't remember the other one) and dripped some water on before leaving it to dry. I then stamped the clock with silver embossing powder. I used black embossing powders for the other pieces, some on plain paper (I sprayed the signs) and some on wooden style paper (the door obviously.) For some reason the woman didn't emboss correctly so I distress inked her dress. Finally, after positioning everything, I added a sentiment.




Four more months for the calendar tags. As you can see I used a variety of sprays and distress crayons to colour the flowers, as well as using some different colours for the leaves this time. I also made a little fly for one of the months, from a Prima …

Hair today...

I've had a busy week this week, but not craft wise. The new job, and a week's worth of training, started on Monday. It's an intense, but enjoyable experience, and the first time I have been given homework since University. Which, coupled with the hour and a half journey time each way this week, has given me little time to craft. So, I tried doing one of my jewellery kits, only to realise that I have not got a beading needle. Whoops! Beading needles are now on their way, and I have started another jewellery type project, but it's paper clay so that's busy drying. Onto the Beadhaul boxes for inspiration!


This is from the summer love box, with a few yellow bicone beads and some purple stone beads I had in my stash thrown in for good measure.

This is from the pantone colour of the year box. Green and silver go well together, as does green and gold. You have to use a larger jump ring for the glass hearts. Despite appearances, the green beads are not heavy.


From the la…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…

To give and to receive

I've not done much this week, for a couple of reasons. I have family staying at the moment, so crafting is difficult to fit in, but the main reason is that yesterday I finished the job I have been working at for over 14 years. It's a big thing. Changes on the whole scare me, but in the end I was more scared of stagnating where I was than to give myself a chance at trying something new. I just hope that I have made the right decision.


I did make one tag (one and a half technically- I will be finishing the other when I have a chance). I started off by stamping some distress ink on a baking sheet, spraying with water and swiping a tag through it. It didn't quite work so I filled in the gaps. Once the background was done I stamped some wildflowers with archival ink, stamped some butterflies/flies which I embossed, added a sentiment, and cut out some flowers which I coloured with distress crayons.

I've made a little progress with the cross stitch, as you can see.
The new…