Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from April, 2017

I chicken out....

Well kind of anyway. The plan this week was to do bird handling, but in the end I decided a trip to the sanctuary was sufficient. Before I explain more about that, first the crafting.



A nice simple make. This was a box from the Works, with a keyhole added. It's a paper clay keyhole, one of the Iron Orchid Design ones. I painted the box white before adding a Prima Antique Brilliance wax. It's amazing the effect this has on white background. You can see the purple sheen. I painted the hole part black, then added some umber antiquing cream on the keyhole, sealing it with matte sealer. Finally I glued some lace onto the bottom.

This was painted with chalk paint, stamped with a script stamp, then I used Lindy's embossing powder on various wooden shapes, including a bird using a gradient powder technique.

The other side was my take on an old Tim Holtz tag. I painted it with chalk paint, stamped a face and a sentiment, then die cut some tiny tattered florals (still can't ge…

Another challenge

Just a quick one to start with, as it's another entrant into the that's crafty bright challenge. It's another double sided tag, one with two different themes that are connected.



Side one started by using texture paste on the tag, then painting black, then with metallique paint and vintage gold wax. After that I die cut some gears, painting them silver and adding rust. I then fussy cut some G45 papers, die cut some flowers and foliage, and arranged them on the tag. The light bulb is a prima one, coated with crackle paste and inked.

Side two, to coincide with the sea theme, took the form of a vintage postcard. I covered the tag in G45 paper (worked well without cutting the hole because it gave a background to the diver helmet on the other side. It wasn't quite big enough so I added a border. I die cut wish you were here in orange, die cut a camera and inked it with old silver wax before adding film strips. I distress embossed a wooden sea dollar, added some mini shells …

Now for the rest of the makes...

Done a few things this week. First of all, here is the update on my current stitch.



I also made an organiser this week. (I say made, I bought it from the Works and have spruced it up a  little)


I used various moulds for this, allowing them to dry before painting with white gesso, then chalk paint. I used antiquing cream and gold wax for the mould parts.


Been making some jewellery too. If you ever want to get a bargain jewellery wise, watch out for Beads Direct mystery grab bags. They cost five quid, go very quickly, and they are such a bargain. Huge amount of beads and findings. Anyway, this necklace (and the earrings) were made with gold findings and some of the beads in the mystery bags.

This one was too. I decided to try a couple of the tutorials Beads Direct has on their blog (also absolutely brilliant). I couldn't do it quite the way that they did so I improvised a little.


This is a raindrop necklace. Another Beads Direct tutorial, except instead of using tear drop pendant…