Skip to main content

odds and sods...

Why is it that I seem to go through socks like my feet are secreting acid? I promise I don't have claws for toenails!

If you hadn't gathered by the above that it's decluttering time again, here it is. First is a bra, not pictured. The underwire went, digging into a very painful place.

Socks! Bin bound

A pig stamp. Came in a big box of stamps but i have no use for it so it's going to charity

Leftovers from the Disney stitch. No use for them now so in the bin they go.
More socks!!!

A spool of ribbon. Bought this to make some christmas presents a couple of years ago but there is loads left and I don't need it so charity shop.

A flower die. This came free with a magazine but I have plenty, so charity shop.

I've also made a few things this week. I have been stitching, but forgot to take some pics and it's too bloody dark now, so you'll have to wait till next time.

A birthday card for a marine biologist. I kept this simple, using G45 papers, with a blue paper to back some of it with. The bubbles have glossy accents on them to give them the illusion of water.

A simple geometric necklace using items from the last Beadhaul box. I must admit, as much as I loved this box, I am having trouble coming up with ideas.

I got some Tim Holtz corked domes and ring pulls the other day, cos this idea got stuck in my head. They're selling something similar in Asda at the moment - a big dome with a ceramic skull with ceramic butterflies on it, all in white. So I glued the a ring pull onto the dome in order to make it a necklace. I then glued a skull to the cork, punched out some butterflies, sprayed them with Lindy's sprays and added a little bit of black before glueing them onto the skull. I then put the dome on top, glueing the cork so it stayed attached. Finally I added a letter and an eyepin with some beads and a dragonfly charm. I like this because it is unusual, but then I myself am strange and unusual...

On that note!


Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.

The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.

I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.

I think this…