Skip to main content

Beadhaul box review!

It finally came! My guess of scary themed stuff was completely off the mark, as this October box is Hip to be Square.

Here is the title card showing us the theme. It's all about shapes this month, statement pieces for the darker months. 

A picture of what we're getting. Slightly worried me this month as there aren't any pictures of findings on here. Stupid of me really.

As you can see- loads of findings! Eye pins, head pins, jump rings, and some chains. 

Hinoki wood polygons. I like these...but I have no idea what to do with them. Hopefully the online tutorials will help me there.

A lattice pendant. Would make a perfect statement necklace. Simple yet elegant. 

Grade A hematite cubes. Always love hematite - it's the colours.

Geometric 3D cubes. Cool concept for a jewellery item. I've got an idea for these. 

Hematite gunmetal cubes. Bigger than the last set,and a duller colour, but they are still really nice. 

Glass faceted beads. Nice red colour. 

Glass triangle beads. Prefer these to the faceted beads purely because of the colour. It's more subtle. 

Acrylic faceted cubes. Again I'm not yet sure what to do with these. Must admit, I prefer beads that are less translucent personally. 

Copper charms. Love these. They remind me of fountain pen nibs. 

Origami rabbit charm. Love this. It's not too big, which I prefer in a charm like this. I can see this on a beaded necklace (maybe that's what I can do with the faceted beads!)
Finally, some circles. They are acrylic, have holes so a thread/wire can go through the centre, and the patterns on them are absolutely gorgeous.

Well worth the wait for this box. There are elements that I'm not too sure about at the moment (but that can change when inspiration hits) but most of the elements are spot on with what I like, and all of them are spot on theme wise. Can't wait for the next one now!


Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.

The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.

I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.

I think this…