Skip to main content

I'll never break your heart....

Yes this week's craft is another heart, but done in a completely different way. Before I get onto that, here is this week's decluttering items. Side note: I've literally just closed a webpage instead of buying something so it' starting to work!


A stone necklace. I bought this a while ago, liked it for a while, then didn't anymore. Charity shop.

A rose necklace. Bought at the Tower of London in 2012, purely because I still had the mindset that I should get myself a souvenir. It's a little clunky and bright for me, so it's going to the charity shop.

Hobbit necklace. My favourite quote (as well as even the smallest person...) but unfortunately the necklace broke, so it's had to go in the bin. Maybe I should make one of my own...

Alcohol ink. Used the last dregs of this in this week's project, so bin. 

Bare Minerals Warmth. Bought as a set in 2009! Makes me look like a cross between an oompa loompa (original version) and the guy who tells people they've been tangoed. I know some people like the fake tan look, but I suit the pale and wan face. Bin.

Roll on caffeine eye thingamajig. Thought this would miraculously make me feel, or at least look, less tired (why Emma, damnit you did science!) The bags under my eyes would still exceed the allowance allocated on any transatlantic flight, so it's bin bound
Mini lipsticks. I've got enough lipsticks to be using without doll sized ones, so they've had to go. Lovely shades though, more's the pity.

Now onto the crafts. As I've said, this week I've done another heart this week. I started off by glueing a smaller floral filled heart onto the bigger heart, then covering it with white gesso. When it was dry I painted it with magicals, then coated it with crackle texture paste in places. One thing I have noticed is that the crackle texture paste is that it tends to dry yellowish, which is a bit annoying. When it dried, I sprayed some paper with blue Lindy's stamp gang spray and die cut some flowers. I then die cut a butterfly and used two embossing powders to make an ombre effect, before glueing it onto the heart. Finally I used alcohol inks and alcohol blending solution to tone down the yellow crackle.







Next week I'm going to try something new. I should hopefully be practising french knots as well, as I'm on the last page of backstitch. Until then...
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems