Skip to main content

I can't feel my hands....

I'm reminded now, as I look at my hands, of Penny in TBBT as she attempts to make jewellry, and ends up with nothing but glue on her hands. This is what my hands look like right now, as if each finger has grown a sticky little coat. Shows I've been busy though!

Start off as always with the declutter. Here are this weeks items.



An old insurance policy. Definitely not needed any more so it's gone in the bin.



My university lecture print outs. I have to admit, this one was hard. It was finally admitting to myself that that part of my life was over. Still, I ended up screwing up my courage and throwing them away. 


A perfume sampler. Didn't really like this one, I think it's aimed at teens. Bin.

A Sherlock Holmes museum pen set. I got this when I went to London and I'm ashamed to say I've never used it. I'm giving it to a charity shop where hopefully it will catch the eye of a fledgling writer.

An embossing folder. Came free with a magazine but it's not the type that I use so it's going to charity.

A flower die. I tried using this but I'm kack handed. Got the Tim Holtz spiral ones instead now so charity shop.

A Flower Bigz die. I actually got this for free when I had to go back to Hobbycraft when my Big Shot had pieces missing. It hasn't been used much, and I have better ones, so it's going to a charity shop.

Next, onto the crafts. I won't post my stitching progress as there hasn't been much.

This is what I was saying about mixing and matching Beadhaul boxes. The coconut beads are from the last one but the skulls are from a previous one (Lady Fury I think) and so are the black beads. Simple necklace and bracelet, perfect for guys. 




Two bracelets, using lobster clasps, green shell beads, and flowers. I started by stringing a large bead onto wire, then putting both ends through the flower, so it was at the centre of the bracelet, before threading the green beads on, and finishing with a lobster clasp. 




A pair of charm bracelets now. I used some spare chain I had, the fish connector bead, a head pin with some arrow head beads on it cos I thought they looked like scales, then the conch shell, seahorse and palm tree added as charms.



Finally, and the reason I'm all gluey, I've made my christmas cards. I decided to go all elegant this year, and use some stuff I've not used before. I started off by embossing trees onto the left hand side of the card, then a sentiment embossing folder on the right. Then I added a strip of paper between the two, and made some fancy bows to add to the strip. Simple but effective (took hours though!)



So that's this week's crafts. There will hopefully be more next week as I'm on holiday, so free to stitch/craft as much as my heart desires. Already got more ideas for jewellry.
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro