Skip to main content

Spiderman, spiderman...

One of the perfect uses for Tim Holtz' shatter stencil is a spiderman birthday card!

 
Simple to make, I just used the shatter stencil on black card with some red chalk ink. I then cut out shapes in white and trimmed them with black for the eyes, then stamped a sentiment.
 
Now for the decluttering! This post is a little ahead (tomorrow's and Monday's already on here.)

 
A Guerlain body milk. Finally used it up after what seems like years. Obviously bin bound.

 
Mitchum deodorant. To be honest it's not as good as it is made out to be. Ran out, so bin bound.

 
A door hanger. This came in a Sarah Millican gift pack, but I don't really need it. Bin.

 
Thriller Live programme. The show was excellent admittedly but I don't need to keep this. Bin.

 
Instructions for a chair. Pretty sure I don't need them. Bin.

A British Museum souvenir guide. Couple of interesting tidbits but nothing you can't find out online. Bin.

 
A runner for a duvet set. What is the point of these?! Such a waste of material, and absolutely useless. Bin.

 
My favourite pair of jeans (sob!) After years of use they have finally given up the ghost, wearing out in the crotch so I can't even cut them down for shorts. Bin bound :(
 
Finally, here is the update for the Disney stitch. It's getting there. You can see on the right hand side where Cogsworth and Lumiere are going to go now.

 
So that's it for this issue, tune in next week for another exciting edition of....
 
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…