Skip to main content

I'm back!

Back from holiday, and back to crafting again! I've had a lovely holiday, would recommend the Isle of Wight to anybody, but it's back to work tomorrow so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a little crafting before it's back to reality.

I dug into the new Beadhaul box (itching to do that when I was on holiday) to make a few items. The first was some hot air balloon earrings. Easy enough to make, I used two of the yellow beads and one blue bead on an eyepin, then attached the hook earrings and balloon charms.

The second item was a necklace. I loved the bunting necklace on the tutorial but wanted to tie it into the earrings. The solution was using beads on head pins to go between each flag.

I will say that the flags were a bitch to put on. The jump rings were not working for me at all and they kept falling off. Got there eventually.
Finally I used the velvet necklace, and the clock connector charm. Connector charms are not traditionally used this way but I'm not exactly traditional! I attached head pins with Japanese beaded glass to make a few chains, adding my last butterfly charm to one. I then attached the purple zig zag charm, with a bird from my stash at the bottom.

So there you go, three items to make up for being off for a little while. I also did a little shopping while on holiday (doesn't count if you're on holiday right?) so I have a few more crafting supplies to use.
Happy crafting


Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.

The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.

I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.

I think this…