Skip to main content

Another birthday card...

First things first, I've made a birthday card for my friend. Now I had no idea what I was going to do here, so I winged it. I started off by cutting some purple paper with a baroque thinlits die, and backing it with black card. I then sponged some red chalk ink through the shatter stencil (will be doing this again with the next card but in a different way) and put it in a baroque frame. The frame was painted first with distress paint, then with perfect pearls. One flower is made with a die cut, the others were in my stash. All were sprayed with distress sprays. I took a photobooth picture of some friends, cut them out and put it in the corner. The heart is grungeboard, painted red and coated with holographic embossing powder. The skull was painted white. The sentiment is stamped, inked and cut out, then backed with black card. Finally the cat was painted black and coated with black soot distress stickles. Something different here though, cos I immediately heated it with a heat gun, which causes this cool cracking bubbling effect on it.






 
Here is a close up of the cat. This is what happens when you heat stickles! Cool huh?
 
Here is an update of the cross stitch so far.
 
 
Some progress but it's going slowly at the moment. It could be because I'm afraid of doing the characters!
 
Finally, here are the latest decluttering items.
 
 
A pair of nail clippers. Used them the other day and by the time they got to the final toe nail they went blunt. In the bin!

 
A pair of boots. Believe it or not I had two pairs, almost identical, both rarely worn. So this pair has gone to somebody else.

 
A Jane Norman jumper. Worn it a few times over the years but it's a little shapeless now, not to mention bobbly. In the bin.

 
A pair of glasses. My old prescription. Why did I keep these? All I can see when I put them on is slightly defined blurs. In the bin.

 
A pair of keys for a door that doesn't exist anymore. (sounds like a tagline that!) In the bin.
 
So there you have it, papercraft, stitch and declutter in one!
 
Ems
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…