Skip to main content

Back to the Beauty stitch

Well a month has passed so I'm back on the Beauty and the Beast stitch. Here's a couple of pics


 
Here is where I got to on the Middle Earth stitch. It's probably about a third of the way into page 2.

 
Here's the little bit I have done so far on page 3 of the Disney stitch. The rainbow isn't glittery (hate glittery thread) but otherwise it's faithful to the pattern.
 
I have admittedly spent a little more than I was going to this month. For my monthly treat I bought a couple of books (a Victorian death photo book - don't judge, and a writing tips book) and a couple of Tim Holtz job lots on ebay. It's got a lot of stuff in it! I've also got another distress spray, but this one was free! Turns out I was sent the wrong colour (didn't realise for a couple of days myself) so emailed the company and they were nice enough to send a replacement free of charge.
 
Now for what I've been making today.
 
I got a bit stuck for ideas for my first birdhouse, so turned to my second. I started off by spraying it with distress sprays, then using a stencil to add some texture paste in a few places. I sprayed some colour onto a piece of card, added water droplets, spritzed some metallic paint onto it, then used it to cut out some tattered flowers and some flourished edges for the roof. I also sprayed some more card with lime lustre spray and cut out some foliage.
 



 
I spritzed some distress inks onto a ribbon and attached a key to it. The lock was coated in picket fence paint, then distress powdered with walnut stain powder, then a bit of green alcohol ink and some perfect sparkle mica powder was added.

 
Here's a closer look at the lock. You can also see I've used a white pen to add some squiggles to the flowers.

 
This bunting was a happy accident. The die I used has three different edge patterns (used one on the back of the roof, one on the front and one on the top of the roof. There is also a little bit between two of the edge patterns that comes out looking like this - ready made bunting!

I also used a bit of walnut stain distress pad on the fence  - gives it a little something.
 
Here you can see the texture paste. I inked it a little with a distress pad to highlight the difference.

 
A closer look at one of the flowers. This is easily one of my favourite dies. So versatile.


 
Finally I took a fragment, glued on a pair of wings (it is a birdhouse after all) and a pen, glued some spare paper (the flowers/edging paper) onto the back and glued it onto the rear of the house.
 
I've got a small idea for my next project, but it depends on when the Beadhaul box arrives, and also how much work I have got on.
 
Ems
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro