Skip to main content

Two more tasks down

Before I go into the crafting side of the blog, I want to talk a little bit about how I'm feeling at the moment. Specifically; getting dressed. Now, when I have a day I'm working it's easy, I put on my uniform. The problem is, when I have a day off it is so much easier to stay in my pyjamas. Choosing an outfit is simply exhausting when you have depression, and a lot of the time you think 'why bother' especially when you are not going anywhere. A couple of years ago I took care of my appearance, at least in what I was wearing, but that seems to have disappeared at this present moment in time. So, from today, I've decided to wear everything in my wardrobe (not literally everything at once). I've started small, wearing a dark dress and tights. (Wearing dark clothes is also something I do when depressed, finding it easier to hide away)

Anyway, onto the crafts. First of all, here are the updates on the sewing room stitch



After that initial setback it's going well.

The second thing I've been working on is a canvas. I started off by glueing some grungeboard shapes onto a canvas, painting it black, then using mica powders with water to colour it. After that I added some crackle glue to some parts, some silver paint to others, and left it to dry. I then found a quote, got some card and cut out the words I wanted, backing them onto more card, painting them black, then painting the background blue, and the letters metallic. After that I swiped some versamark on the letters and added some distress soot, finally dabbing some more brass paint to get a really rusted look. I then painted some flowers gold and brass, stamped a cameo then edged it in blue, and put it all together.




For those who are unsure, the quote says 'never let a stumble in the road be the end of the journey' something I should really pay attention to.

I've also made a domino necklace. I started with metallic paint for the edges, then found a yellow paper with a blue bird on it I liked. I then glued a birdcage over the bird, covered it in glossy accents, added a blue plastic rose and some pearls, glued a bail on the back, finally adding an extender chain and a feather charm.




Spending wise I took £20 out of the cashpoint to post my best mate's bday present (£3.30) and bought food for work (£9.70), then ha to pay for replacement glass due to a minor accident with a picture frame (£5) and got myself some fruit salads and walnut whips (£2) We had a minor issue with our oven (not working) so I took £10 out to get fish and chips and some tins for the microwave whilst we wait for it to be fixed. I earned a treat (two actually but one is BOFA) so I got the Emotion Thesaurus and some multi matte medium £17.66, and finally I got some cat food and food for work next week for £12.28.

Now onto the tasks

1. Starry night cross stitch (DONE)
2. Project  book (DONE)
3. Book plans (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (DONE)
5. 14 christmas presents (DONE)
6. 11 birthday presents (DONE)
7. Calendar, box and tags (DONE)
8. Hit minimum savings target (no change)
9. Kili stitch (DONE)
10. 50,000 words (DONE)

Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems