Skip to main content

Welcome to the resistance...

Hi everyone, todays post will not have a project from the project book! Instead, I have finally completed the G45 box I've been working on. I started off by painting it black, then chose some G45 papers and some burlap for the inside.



As you can see I still have a little problem with straight edges and measurements (hopefully today's investment will make a difference - more on that later!)

For the sides on the outside, I decided to layer some papers up. I started with a panel of white card, inked in old paper, then a layer of black card. Finally, the reason for the title - Tim Holtz craft resist paper. I got this for my birthday (albeit belatedly) and I love it!



You can ink this however you want. Isn't it cool? I added a little piece I've had in my stash forever, which I painted with gold and a little iced spruce to age it. 

Finally, the lid. I started off by using some dark blue sew lovely paper, then some Madam Payraud damask paper, before adding an ornate frame I'd painted silver (left over from an abandoned idea - this is why you should always keep things!) then a section of the dotted resist paper inked the same way. A ribbon (Sew Lovely range) was attached to the underside of this, with a key tied on) Then I cut out a couple of hearts (one is supposed to layer onto the other but I glittered it the wrong way round, so rethought) I covered one with Madam Payraud paper, specifically a bird, and inked the edges. The wings were painted white, and the crown was painted gold and gems were added. Then I used the remnants of the blue and greige damask paper I had to cut some tattered flowers from the die I bought. I am so glad I bought that! Finally I cut some leaves out of the dotted paper, ad inked them with peeled paint and frayed burlap.




I love this! For ages I've stared at it, not knowing what to do, and today it suddenly came to me.

I've also done something else, finished page 3 of the cross stitch!


It finally feels like I'm making progress on the tasks.

Right, onto the finances. Since payday I have spent £10.87 getting food for work and cat food, £379.36 on rent (which will go up next month to £406.16), £21.50 on Sky, £1 on sanitary towels (should have been £1.55 but they had put them on the wrong shelf, so I benefitted from their mistake) and today I raided my piggy bank and got a guillotine (cricut one) for £8.99, some foam pads for £1 and some replacement blender pads for £4. I also received a cheque from That's Life this morning for £25! 

Finally the task updates

1. Starry night cross stitch (on final page!)
2. Complete project book (18/21)
3. Complete book plans (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (39/100)
5. Make 15 christmas presents (no progress since last update)
6. Make 12 birthday presents (no progress since last update)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (box and tags made)
8. Hit minimum savings target (25%)
9. Kili cross stitch (no progress)
10. Write 50,000 words (no progress)

So if all goes well I should at least finish one task by the end of the month, which is good because I found out that we get a bonus at work then. So I need to finish one.

Happy crafting everyone

Emma




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems