Skip to main content

Finally some progress...

Today I finished the final project in the project book, and therefore my first task! The original was called Just Because, and was designed by Sue Wilson. Here is hers


One thing that I was missing completely was the white embossing powder needed for the background, so I changed it completely, by using clear embossing powder and black card. After changing that I decided to change a few more things, namely the stamping in the centre to resist card, and taking out the sentiment at the bottom. Here is my version



I inked the resist paper with fired brick and ...yellow? (I've forgotten the name!) distress pads


As you can see, using the same technique and tweaking things ever so slightly can produce a completely different card. I love this card. Can't say anything else about it!

I've also made a birthday present this week, for my little brother. He is comic book mad and quite the artist, so I decided to use this as a basis for his present. My friend Louise gave me some crafty stuff for my birthday and, amongst the stash, was a woodenn box filled with felt shapes. I painted the box, then printed out small images of characters that he had drawn himself. I glued them to the box, then used UTEE (in the oven as I don't have a melting pot) to coat them. Here is the finished result. 





It's not perfect (a small amount of black UTEE got into the clear and there are some bubbles on the edge where it overheated ) but it is good and it is unique. Off topic - how amazing are these pictures? He has some real talent.

I've also been working on the starry night cross stitch. I can almost see the end in sight!


Spending wise I've spent a little more this month than the previous months. On 21/3 I bought some kiwis, bananas, apples a cube lunch box and a water bottle for £9.80. I'm trying to stop snacking at work so the lunch box and the water bottle is supposed to help with that. It's working thus far.

I also spent a fair amount online the other day. My boots that I've been relying on to get me to and from work had to be thrown away, so I bought skechers as alternatives. I actually bought two pairs, as in the review somebody said they were good for plantar fascitis, which mum suffers badly from. Total was £69.99 for the both of them. I also bought a kettle bell. I've started using my exercise bike again but I didn't think it was enough so the kettle bell is to build up strength. It is a 10kg one and cost £18.99. Finally, my Mountain Warehouse coat is falling apart (would not recommend their coats or their shoes if I'm honest) so I looked around for a new one. I've always loved the 50's style long coats, so looked at a few companies that sell those kinds. I found a gorgeous one from Hell Bunny, costing £69.99. I then decided to shop around a little and found one in my size in navy blue on ebay for a whopping £30 off! So £39.99. It came yesterday and is absolutely gorgeous. 

All this means that I have a grand total of £390.26 to add to my ISA this month, making a grand total of 34%. Obviously less than previous months but I've not wasted money, and I can't expect all months to be the same.

I've already decided on my treat for completing task 1. I'm actually getting a bonus tomorrow so I'm going to Plymouth on Monday and doing some guilt free shopping. 

Finally, onto the tasks

1. Starry night cross stitch (see pic)
2. Complete project book (DONE)
3. Book plans (some progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (49/100)
5. Make 14 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (8/11)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (some progress in designing)
8. Hit minimum savings target (34%)
9. Kili cross stitch (no progress)
10. Write 50.000 words (no progress)

Happy crafting 
Ems





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems