Skip to main content

It's christmas again!

Ok today I'm showcasing the final two tags of my task. For this pair, I dug out a pad of papers I got a long while ago as a magazine freebie. The pad is called classic elegance. For the first  tag, I had the name of the famous Maya Angelou book stuck in my head, so I used it as inspiration.

I started by choosing the background paper and inking it around the edges, adding some remnant rubs. I then painted a cage gold.

The words were stamped with my new alphabet stamps (which I technically don't have yet as it's not my birthday!) I stamped them onto another paper from the pad, cut them out, then inked round the edges with tattered rose. 

The fairy is actually from another magazine freebie paper pad, called fairy belle. I cut off her wings as I didn't need them.

Here is a close up of the wing. It's a grungeboard wing, painted white, stamped with musical note background stamp and coated with rock candy glitter. 

The second stamp, and the reason for the title, is christmas themed. I have had a bit of a sort out of my craft stuff this week and came across a gorgeous set of christmas themed stamps, so I used them for this tag.

I started off by choosing the background and inking it again. I then stamped a fireplace three times; once in paper and twice in chipboard. I cut out the fireplaces, additionally cutting the fire out of one of the chipboards and the paper, which I inked. I then layered them up with foam pads.

The mouse is chipboard inked with frayed burlap. The fire was coloured with promarkers (to black out the bit that isn't on fire) and then distress stickled for the fire itself. 

The stockings were stamped twice, once in chipboard and once in paper. They are glued onto the mantel. I used flowersoft for the garland, with a few gems in. 

Last but not least is the quote from the night before christmas, inked and layered so it stands out.

So that's all three (or six as they are double sided) tags, and finally some progress made. 

Spending wise, there hasn't been any since I last updated. Here are the updates so far:

1. Starry night cross stitch (on page 3)
2. Complete project book (13/21)
3. Complete book plans for 2 and 3 (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (22/100)
5. Make 15 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 12 birthday presents (2/12)
7. Make calendar and G45 box and tags (made tags)
8. Hit minimum savings target (12.9%)
9. Kili cross stitch (no progress)
10. Write 50,000 words (no progress)

Happy crafting everyone


Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.

The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.

I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.

I think this…