Skip to main content

It's christmas again!

Ok today I'm showcasing the final two tags of my task. For this pair, I dug out a pad of papers I got a long while ago as a magazine freebie. The pad is called classic elegance. For the first  tag, I had the name of the famous Maya Angelou book stuck in my head, so I used it as inspiration.


I started by choosing the background paper and inking it around the edges, adding some remnant rubs. I then painted a cage gold.


The words were stamped with my new alphabet stamps (which I technically don't have yet as it's not my birthday!) I stamped them onto another paper from the pad, cut them out, then inked round the edges with tattered rose. 


The fairy is actually from another magazine freebie paper pad, called fairy belle. I cut off her wings as I didn't need them.


Here is a close up of the wing. It's a grungeboard wing, painted white, stamped with musical note background stamp and coated with rock candy glitter. 

The second stamp, and the reason for the title, is christmas themed. I have had a bit of a sort out of my craft stuff this week and came across a gorgeous set of christmas themed stamps, so I used them for this tag.


I started off by choosing the background and inking it again. I then stamped a fireplace three times; once in paper and twice in chipboard. I cut out the fireplaces, additionally cutting the fire out of one of the chipboards and the paper, which I inked. I then layered them up with foam pads.


The mouse is chipboard inked with frayed burlap. The fire was coloured with promarkers (to black out the bit that isn't on fire) and then distress stickled for the fire itself. 



The stockings were stamped twice, once in chipboard and once in paper. They are glued onto the mantel. I used flowersoft for the garland, with a few gems in. 


Last but not least is the quote from the night before christmas, inked and layered so it stands out.

So that's all three (or six as they are double sided) tags, and finally some progress made. 

Spending wise, there hasn't been any since I last updated. Here are the updates so far:

1. Starry night cross stitch (on page 3)
2. Complete project book (13/21)
3. Complete book plans for 2 and 3 (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (22/100)
5. Make 15 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 12 birthday presents (2/12)
7. Make calendar and G45 box and tags (made tags)
8. Hit minimum savings target (12.9%)
9. Kili cross stitch (no progress)
10. Write 50,000 words (no progress)

Happy crafting everyone
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro