Skip to main content

A single person can change the world...

Before i start on with the crafts, something must be acknowledged. An amazing, inspirational, young man died this morning. Unless you have been living under a rock this last month, you will have heard the name Stephen Sutton, a 19 year old who was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 15. He spent the last four years of his life being positive in the face of a terminal illness, and inspiring millions around the world. He is proof that one person can change the world for the better, and i truly hope that his death does not stop the chain reaction of raising money and awareness for charity that his work in life started. As a legacy to him, we must all realise that the little things do not matter, that being good to each other and doing things for others is so important; far more important than buying the latest gadgets, or having a new wardrobe every season. In short, we must all aspire to be like him.

If you wish to donate in his memory, you can do so at https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Sutton-TCT

As I said in the last post, this one will be pic-heavy, so here goes...



I made some bookmarks with the pack from the CC vintage box. There are five, double sided as i wanted to try embossing and stamping. From left to right they are:-
1. Eggplant alcohol ink, cage stamped in silver, birds in gold, butterflies in bronze. Hearts embossed at the bottom, gems on the other side with the quote "I've loved the stars too deeply to be fearful of the night"
2. Mountain rose alcohol ink, Floral stamp in pink. Embossed roses. Free papers from the CC vintage box. Quote is "Courage is being yourself everyday in a world that expects you to be someone else"
3. Tattered rose and faded burlap distress ink. Flowers stamped in brown. Free embossing folder from Cardmaking and Papercraft mag. Vintage lady card, Quote "It is never too late to find out who you want to be."
4. Cool peri alcohol ink. Clouds embossed. Flowers stamped in blue, butterflies in gold. Blossom paper and birds cut out. Quote is "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain"
5. Evergreen bough distress ink. Embossed grass, Stamped fireflies (black) and leaves (brown). Free papers and cut out crowns. Quote is "You will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory"

All have a beaded piece of wire attached to the top, with black and gold beads and some fleur de lis charms.

I also tried my hand at making some earrings. There were some flower beads in the Vintage box, and i had some green beads, so i threaded a flower and a number of beads onto a pin, then attached them to an earring. There are three flowers to each earring.

The weird thing is, after i had finished the earrings and moved them to take a photo, the pink flower disappeared! I ended up having to make another one. I still can't find it...

Sticking with the vintage box, i made a couple of wire decorations. The first is an S for Summer, who is my unofficial little sister. The second is a heart.


They were a bitt difficult to do at first but it's easy to get the hang of it. I'm just glad Summer's name begins with an S!

This morning i decided to do something a little different, and work with polymer clay. I did have a plan of what to do, but my talent is outweighed by my imagination (plus it's really difficult working with polymer clay if you want to do something tiny) so those particular ideas are on the shelf until my skills improve.
The first item i did was nice and simple; a sunflower brooch:

The second one i'm actually really pleased with. I wanted to do something Alice in Wonderland inspired, so i decided on the Mad Hatter.

I was a little naughty this week; i bought fish and chips on Monday. Our local one has just changed ownership so i wanted to see if they were any better. They were. Yes, admittedly it was a blip in the spending ban but i didn't go to the cinema last month, so swings and roundabouts. 

I also chose my treat for the week; 12 mini distress ink pads! Found them on ebay, brand new, with the price it was basically one set for free and none of the colours in the set are in my collection. As i am now tag mad i thought it was a good investment.

Emma
 x

Spending ban Numb3rs count: 48/118





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro