Skip to main content

Feeling a little lost...

Is it ever too late to change your life? I know that i am only thirty, and to a vast majority of the population that is still young, but i feel old. Not only that, i feel lost. I know a lot of people feel lost at some point in their lives, but i've felt lost for so long that i don't know how to get back to myself, or even if there is a me to get back to.

I apologise for the opening paragraph, but i have stated before that this blog is two-fold; crafting and introversion, so occasionally there will be days when i just need to express how i feel. For now, onto the crafts!


As you can see, I have finished the Vintage stitch. I'm disappointed in myself that i haven't made much progress on the photo stitch, but i think i am so worried about making a mistake on it that i keep putting it off.

I have made a few things this week, the first being a memory box. It will be a present, at the moment i'm leaving the recipient anonymous as they probably don't read this. Anyway, i started by decoupaging music note paper on the outside of the box, then i added a Tim Holtz ornate frame and some wooden buttons that i coloured with promarkers on the top. 

On the inside, i used green music notepaper that was from the Hobbycraft christmas paper collection, and cream felt at the top.

Project three this week (which is an unusually large amount for me but i had a few days off work so i decided to take advantage of it) was some tags that i made for the lovely women i met at the BSB concert last week. I started by decopatching the music note paper on the back of a wooden tag, then adding star paper to the front of it. I then got some Rangers memory glass, and made some frames out of polymer clay onto the front, which i then added gold ink to. I printed out the photographs we had all had with BSB, and stuck them to the frames. The BSB letters were cut out of chipboard, alcohol inked and crackle glazed. I added a handmade ribbon to the tag, and some paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. There is one without flowers which is my brother's. I could hardly add flowers to his, so i added a metallic star i got from a Crafty Creatives box instead.


One thing i loved about doing these is the different mediums i could use on the one finished article, not to mention i can see how i have progressed from when i started. 

Emma




Comments

  1. Dearest Ems ... don't EVER apologise for how you feel. How you're feeling is OK. Just as it's okay to feel happy; joyous; fabulous; blessed. It's okay to also feel sad; miserable; lost; lonely; ... or any other of the million different feelings we all feel at different moments during our days, weeks, or actually, throughout our whole lives.

    I think most of us experience some of the things you're feeling right now, and a lot of us beat ourselves up for feeling things we believe we shouldn't be feeling. But when you think about it - why should we beat ourselves up for feeling ANYTHING we're feeling? Feelings are as it says on the tin. "Feelings".

    I wish I could reach through the computer screen and give you a hug - not for the tea and sympathy thing - but just to make you smile. Sadly they haven't quite got to the stage with computer technology where I can do that so instead get a bit of paper, a pen/pencil, and write this down at the bottom of the paper: "Cobs says it's okay to feel." then fold the top half of the paper towards the back so that you can stand that bit of paper up (like a bottom opening card) and have it right next to your computer screen. There, that's the best I can do as a hug via the net.

    Oh .. and by the way .... I'm LOVING this little blog of yours. Totally loving it.
    Have a blessed rest of your day my friend ~ Cobwebs. xxx

    P.S. .. love that you 'surf' the net ... me, I can only paddle. lol x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro